Search This Blog

Monday 22 October 2012

Russian Salad


I was in Mumbai last week and my friend Vinita had invited me for lunch at her home. She made yummy cuisine with south Indian flavour to the food. I simply loved the way she served variety of food to me. I learnt a lot over that lunch like garnishing the plate, using different bell pepper for different food recipes. I also learnt a couple of recipe to cook and try out myself. Welt this Russian Salad in one among them.


It simple, quick and delicious. You can play around with your favourite veggie or fruit and prepare this salad at home to give a different taste to your regular salad. It takes less than 20 minutes to make it.

Making time: 10 minutes
Serves: for 4 people

What goes in it:
Red bell pepper, chopped- ½ medium sized
Onion, chopped- 1 small sized
Carrot, chopped- 1 small sized
Coriander leaves, chopped- ½ cup
Salt- as per your taste
Red chilli powder- ¼ tbl spn
Sugar- ½ tbl spn
Mayonnaise- 1.5 cup (I used Heinz eggless Mayonnaise, I almost used half of it)

How did I make it:

Cut red bell pepper or red capsicum, carrot and onion into small pieces. You can also add peas and pineapple. I did not use peas as my sister is not very fond of peas and pineapple was not available at home. Vinita had also added cottage cheese or paneer to it. You can experiment with different veggie combinations as per your likes or dislikes.


Now take a bowl. Put diced vegetables to it. Add salt, red chilli powder and sugar to it. Pour mayonnaise to it. Mix them all well.

[Foodies’ Note: Put very little salt as mayonnaise has salt in it. So just sprinkle salt for taste.]


Add coriander leaves to it and mix it well.


Refrigerate the salad for about 1 hour. Take it out 10-15 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for visiting the blog... Your feedback and suggestions are always welcome..